Thursday, October 1, 2009

Are we Carrie and Big or what??

It's been a trying week in every possible way, and, in the middle of it all was my own version of "Big" (referring to the Chris Noth character on Sex and the City). My own version of Mr. Big had a birthday this week, and, of course, being the good friend I am, I tried to do everything right. And, in true "Big" form, I got a dig of sarcasm for my efforts. It wouldn't be so bad, but, I really did try to make everything perfect for him, but, sometimes the best laid plans (no pun intended, we don't do that - anymore) fall to the wayside due to work commitments.

I also hurt another friend because of my work commitments and sometimes I feel like my life is spiraling out of control. And, to my other friend - whom I hurt this week, if you happen to read this - again my apologies. I hope you read your email...

Anyhow, my own Mr Big and I made up and laughed about this week. The truth is his schedule is worse than mine, but, was reminded that I am to circle the weekend of November 14th in red letters. It's a weekend we've been planning since Spring time - my birthday weekend which includes going to the theater and finally getting to see Billy Elliott and dinner is still up in the air, but, 21 is a real possibility at this point. However, when it comes to my own Mr. Big all bets are off. When we were dating it wasn't unusual to have such plans in place only to have them tossed into the wind and we'd be off to Atlantic City or some other destination on nothing more than a whim.

I miss those days when my life wasn't so complicated, no so jammed packed I literally carry around a daily planner and breath a sigh of relief if I have 15 minutes to myself... Speaking of which, I need to wrap this up because yep, you guessed it - I have a work related meeting in about 30 minutes.

Can someone stop the world for a minute? I want to get off!

No comments: