Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Another Fall

I've been trying to be good and work today, but, I'm finding it hard to kick into gear after the long weekend. It's a bit too warm and my mind is wandering a little too off the beaten path to be productive, so, I'm allowing myself a rare "goof-off" day and hopefully the motivation will return to work later this evening or first thing in the morning. I've found that - at least for me - when I am experiencing one of these days, it means my mind is in overdrive and I need to just chill and let things fall into place. I have lots on my plate this Fall including Fashion's Night Out on Friday night.

I also have a very special friend coming to visit at the end of October, and, I'm trying to figure out a great weekend for us. I want enough to do without running ourselves ragged and not having time to talk about things and events that have transpired this year.

Yes, per usual, my Fall social schedule is heavy, and, as always it is self-imposed. I keep myself busy because I find the Fall a bit depressing - like the end of things. Another year has passed - my New Year's resolutions and things to do list is only about half done (par for the course) and I face another birthday in November.

This year will be tougher than some recent past years. No, I don't have a milestone birthday or anything like that taking place, but, I did have a friend betray me in every possible sense. I saw it coming from a mile away and he certainly wasn't the guy I was going to marry or have any type of long term relationship other than friend with - but - it was still a blow to find out he was the cause of my of personal troubles this past year. I'm am still struggling whether or not I want to press legal charges against him - that's how serious this was - but, that is why this Fall will be harder than past Falls in recent years.

So, with that I am going to head outside and enjoy the weather, and, with any luck, I will kick into gear and get working this evening...

No comments: