Monday, May 31, 2010

18 Months to World Cruise 2012


Reality is just beginning to set in... In approximately 18 months time I will begin the journey of a lifetime, a world cruise. I've received a variety of reactions from friends, family and people I meet about this trip, but, I think my own reaction has been the biggest surprise. I haven't allowed myself to really enjoy the anticipation - I've been so busy dealing with other things - from finally eliminating a truly odd duck from my life to trying to figure out my adventures in real estate... I haven't allowed myself to enjoy what lies ahead of me.

I'm actually going to get to see a good chunk of the world, and, visit places I could only hope to visit without the aid of this world cruise. Oh sure, I still don't have a clue about the itinerary (other than QM2 is confirmed for 28 days in Australia in 2012) and I'm sure there will be a few ports here and there I wouldn't care to see in the first place, but, really - this is something most people only dream about experiencing and here I am getting to go and I'm still in my 40s.

I realized my good fortune this morning when I was awaken by my best friend that the clock is ticking and that we should use the time to go shopping. Ok, so, it's an excuse to go shopping, but, the reality of it is that I have to have clothing for a variety of climates and everything from ballgowns and accessories to go with it to jeans and shorts... 3 months worth!

Why do I have a feeling I'm about to get on a first name basis with the entire staff of both Saks and Bergdorf's?? Damn the tourists, it's off to Fifth Avenue and a serious shop-a-thon today!

No comments: