Monday, August 3, 2009

Another weekend, another date - he had a cold, it wasn't great


Nothing overly exciting to report - Atlantic City didn't happen and instead, I went on a date with a new guy this past weekend, but, it wasn't the best it could have been the poor guy was coming down with a cold. I checked in on him today and, he is absolutely horrible. I'm just hoping I don't get it. I don't know if it is my imagination or not but, it seems like there are lots of summer colds going around this year - more than normal.

As for our date, he planned a really nice one. We started with dinner at the RedEye Grill. In a word, YUM! I had the Crispy Shrimp Maki Roll - excellent and my date had the Cuban Skirt Steak. Dessert is a must at this establishment but, we were just too full to indulge.

After dinner, we proceed to see "Hair" - it wasn't at all stale or dated as someone had told me and it was absolutely spectacular. As when this show first opened, it should be noted this show is not for young children - there is nudity.

After the show we had a horse and carriage ride home. Very romantic but, I could tell my date was miserable the entire time. I kept asking if he wanted to leave but, he insisted that we stay.

While the date went well, it would have been perfect if he didn't have a sore throat and runny nose. I agreed to see again after he is better. I'm not sure if this will develop into anything more than a few dates but, you never know...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fighting a bad head cold here cutie. It's going around. Stay well :)