Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Life's Curve Balls - Putting Things Into Perspective

Looks like I'm heading to jolly old England next May for a short trip on Cunard Queen Victoria. It's only a 5 night cruise but, I am very much looking forward to it since it is visiting some of my favorite cities in the world. I'm also looking forward to the pre-cruise stay in London before heading down to Southampton. No, I'm not taking requests for someone to join me, I've already been bombarded with my half joking request to have someone join me for The Nutcracker.

*Sigh*... A friend of mine just returned to England and not for the best of reasons. Her beloved brother died of cancer last night - he was only 45. The worst part is that he couldn't hang on until my friend got home to say good-bye to him - she was mid-flight home when he passed, and, I received the terrible news this morning.

It's times like these when life gets put into prospective a bit. The little annoyances just don't seem so troubling after receiving news like the death of someone too young to die.

So if you find yourself having a rough day, put things into perspective and somehow it probably won't seem so bad. ..

No comments: