Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Girl's Weekend of Shopping - Good Idea!

I was reading an article about a Girl's Shopping Weekend this morning in Examiner.com, and, began thinking how long it's been since I've gathered my friends together to enjoy such as weekend. Of course, we always put our unique spin on it like going for afternoon tea at The Plaza or heading to Lucky Cheng's for a some laughs, but, it has me thinking it's a good time to start planning for later this Fall.

I'm actually a bit amazed at the hotel prices, and, how low they are compared to years past. And, yes, regardless that we're all in the NYC area, we still do our shopping weekends right, and, get hotel rooms, it's all part of the experience. But, after checking Expedia.com this morning, I will be making some calls to get things arranged this week...

Take a look at some of the prices I've found (weekend of Friday October 23 through Sunday October 25):

Omni Berkshire
for $762.88 for 2 nights in a Deluxe King Room

The Michelangelo Hotel for $746.12 for 2 nights in a Executive King Room

Loew's Regency NYC
for $1,032.04 for 2 nights in a Superior King Room

Taking into consideration these are all 4 star or better hotels, these are outstanding rates! Time to call the girls and figure out a shopping weekend before the holidays!

No comments: