Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gentlemen Please Only Respond If...

Well, I have an email box full of my half joking request to have one of you join me for the Nutcracker in December at Lincoln Center. I appreciate that many of you ladies would like to accompany me, and, while I do agree with the argument that going to ballet is very much a "chick thing", I would much rather the company of a gentleman.

A gentleman is defined as "a man of noble or gentle birth b : a man belonging to the landed gentry c (1) : a man who combines gentle birth or rank with chivalrous qualities (2) : a man whose conduct conforms to a high standard of propriety or correct behavior d (1) : a man of independent means who does not engage in any occupation or profession for gain (2) : a man who does not engage in a menial occupation or in manual labor for gain"

So to the rude, blunt man who thinks me hanging off the back of his Harley is my idea of a good time, thanks but, no thanks. There was much more to his vulgar email which isn't fit for public reading, simply use your imagination for such a person.

To the rather cocky UES doctor who apparently thinks he is God's gift to women, to you I also thanks but, no thanks. While tales of romantic escapes might be enchanting to some, it is only a turn off to me. Anyone who has more than 50 partners in his past and has yet to reach 50 years of age is not for me. I wish you luck in finding your next victim, I mean date.

To the 23 year old. You are absolutely adorable. If I was 22 there is no way I would be able to wait until December. Alas, young man (and I do mean young man) I am not a cougar nor do I want to be one. And so I toss you back into the dating pond.

To the snide guy from the Midwest asking who I think I am or what do I have to offer, my reply is this:
  1. I am well traveled and will continue to be well traveled. Why is this important? To quote Mark Twain "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." I have been to over 25 countries in the world (including 3 of the 7 continents). I can hold intelligent conversations about many countries and cities around the world.
  2. I am not a fat couch potato. I walk at least 3 miles every day and go to the gym at least 4 times a week. My body is toned.
  3. If you had followed my blog from the start or had bothered to read anything about me, you know I will not reveal my profession. Rest assured I make a very good salary.
  4. My looks might not appeal to everyone, but, I do seem to be appealing to the majority of the population including the professional modeling agency who approached me in my younger years. Oh yes, they were from a very real and legitimate agency; and, yes they approached me, not the other way around.
  5. I can converse on many topics from music to real estate to equine related topics, and, those are to just to mention a few.
And these are just a few of my qualities. I made a promise when I started this blog that I would at least write back once to anyone who wrote to me. I am continuing to keep that promise, however, if you don't hear from me again, you simply couldn't hold my interest.

The invitation to the Nutcracker with me was meant tongue-in-check. In other words, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. However, apparently more than one of you did take it seriously, and, if someone out there truly thinks he might be a match for me then by all means please email me at SWF42email@gmail.com

No comments: