Thursday, August 6, 2009

Visiting NYC During Thanksgiving and Yet Another Cold For me

UGGGHH!!! I woke up with yet another cold!! This is the third one this summer, I guess I'm not taking care of myself like I should. I'll have to start building my immunity system back up or else it's going to be one tough winter. (I average three to four really bad fall/winter colds). So that puts a damper on my date tomorrow night but, the guy who passed it on to me is coming over to cook me dinner and we're going to watch a movie at my place. Isn't that sweet?

I'm working from home today, it's going to rain later and I don't want to get worse than I already am - fever, chills and other usual cold symptoms. Anyhow, I was helping a co-worker plan out Thanksgiving weekend for extended family who are visiting NYC and I stumbled across these two articles: http://www.examiner.com/x-18067-NY-Budget-Hotel-Travel-Examiner~y2009m8d5-Thanksgiving-Weekend-In-New-York-City-Part-One--Deals-And-Steals and http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-18067-NY-Budget-Hotel-Travel-Examiner~y2009m8d6-Thanksgiving-Weekend-In-New-York-City-Part-Two--Its-Simply-Magical

They give great information and the photo slide shows are wonderful. It's making me get into the holiday spirit already! Although, as you know from past entries I'm already anticipating the holidays this year but, these articles are really putting me in the mood.

It's hard to believe soon the Rockefeller Center and Ice Rinks will open, a nip will be in the air, and, then bam - the department stores will have the Christmas decorations up. I think I mentioned this in a past post but, Hallmark ALREADY have their holiday ornaments out for sale. And, somewhere in between I'll catch my annual Thanksgiving or Christmas cold or sometimes it's both, it happens like clock work.

Well, I better make some tea and try to get rid of THIS cold before worrying about one that I know is coming later in the year. Anyone want a cold? I'm giving one away for free...

No comments: