Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Want A Do Over

I wanted to shared this - I wrote an email to a friend - it pretty much sums up how my week is going:
Have you ever had one of those days where you wish you were a kid and you could start it over with a "do-over"? What a night/day I've had... Normally I'm not one to complain, well at least not too much, it has to be something pretty major to get me going or lots of little things that add up to be a bigger pain than just one big thing. (Did you follow that?)

Anyhow, I go to the gym last night and everything was fine. I come home and the apartment is stifling hot. First thing I do is check and make sure the cat is ok. He's warm but otherwise fine. I walk into the living room in socks and the rug is soaking wet - the air conditioner broke. So, after waiting for the super in an unbearable heat (I have an apartment where the window's only open a bit), he tells me he needs a part and can't get the part until the morning. Well there is no way I'm staying there so I get a room at a hotel where they accept pets.

I get to the hotel and my cat (who is a huge chicken to begin with) freaks out and runs under the bed. I figure this normal, he'll come out eventually. So, I wait and I wait and I wait, I fall asleep and get up in the morning. He's still wedged under the bed. I have to check out and get back to the apartment.

So I call the front desk and explain the problem and they send someone up to help me. It took two guys to physically lift the bed while I went under and pulled the little sucker out. Luckily he went right into his carrier. So, I check out and get back to the apartment to let the super in.

As I wait it's getting warmer and warmer since the day is getting brutally hot. FINALLY the super shows up and gets the AC running. After babysitting for a good two hours I figure it's cool enough that the cat is ok and I can head off to work.

I get home and now find out the delightful news that our never, ever broken elevators are undergoing maintenance, and, to use the freight elevator. On any other day this would be simple. Today, someone is moving into the building and the freight elevator is use and in the hold position for a good 20 minutes as they unload it.

Finally make upstairs- what a day

So can I get a "do-over?" :)

No comments: