Thursday, July 23, 2009

155 Days Until Christmas

I don't know why but, I'm particularly fixated on Christmas and the Holidays this year. It's been a long, long, long time since I've actually looked forward to the holidays, so, this is a bit strange for me. The holidays have long been the saddest, most depressing part of the year for me, however, I am accepting my change in attitude and will be ready to welcome the season when it gets here.

It's funny, until a year ago, summer was always my favorite time of year but, for some reason, this year, Autumn and the holidays can't get here fast enough for me. I know I have a fairly busy social calendar this year. That could be part of it but, I doubt it. This is no busier than past years - there is no one special in my life - I have no children. So nothing logical is explaining why this change in heart.

I actually want to buy a Christmas tree and decorate this year. I want to make Christmas cookies. I want my apartment filled with friends and family.

So in the spirit of the holiday, I'd like to offer you all this coupon: http://www.christmastreesny.org/images/coupons.pdf

And you'll be able to see the list of participating farms later in the year here:
http://www.christmastreesny.org/

No comments: