Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's ACES - NYC to Atlantic City by Train

I've often complained that New Jersey should have a train from NYC to Atlantic City. Imagine my surprise when I found out about the ACES train: http://www.acestrain.com/ it just started in February and it is run by AMTRAK, and, I will be experiencing it in about two weeks.

It takes approximately 2.5 hours from NYC to Atlantic City, and, there are only two pick up points. The first is Penn Station in NYC and the second is Penn Station in Newark - and then you are off to AC.

If you've ever been stuck on the Garden State Parkway, you'll understand my excitement over being able to take the train instead of sitting in a line of endless traffic! The only drawback is that the train only runs on Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping against hope that it turns out to be a huge success and that they start offering daily service. It is a welcome alternative to driving myself or taking the "blue hair express" (Atlantic City Express Buses filled with little old ladies with their hair dyed blue.)

I'll report on the experience when I return.

No comments: