Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Spa Appointments

Like many women I know, given the state of the economy, cutting back on non-essentials like going to a Spa are becoming more and more common place. My job is solid, I didn't get involved with a high risk mortgage, and, I'm doing "ok" financially, but, I still am cutting back on expenses because of the "what if" factor.

Of course, there are certain things I won't give up - like a good hair cut, but, I'm more than willing to forgo the truly unnecessary treatments like massages. I realize that for some people a massage is a medical necessity and I'm not referring to someone who needs it for that reason, I'm just saying for me - it's a non-essential. A facial, well, I'll cut back to special occasion for that one - at $120 plus tax and tip, it's certainly something I can live without, but, then again it is something I can afford to treat myself to once in a while - especially when a special occasion arises and I need to look my very best.

However, I will not give up my yearly birthday treat - when I give myself a full day at the spa - in other words - the works! Sure it's $400 + but heck, I have no kids, no husband, and, I might as well take care of me with my money. And, it's only once a year...

No comments: