Monday, July 13, 2009

Is this a sign I am ready for a change?

In an attempt to keep my sanity as I have a few more days rest before returning to work, I decided to tackle my closet, and, sort through some things. I don't know about the rest of you, but, I seem to hang on to things that I know I will never wear again. For example, I have a business suit, clearly from the late 1980s or very early 1990s, it is so grossly out of style, I just had to try it on. I shocked myself - it still fit! But, into the Goodwill pile it went.

I really put my heart and soul into sorting clothes this time, and, my closet is now half empty. This is not a bad thing - it's time for me to update my wardrobe and go shopping. I think I wrote in a much earlier entry that I force myself to give something away when I buy something new, well, now I have a great excuse to go shopping!

I also sorted through draws, found 6 pair of mix matched socks, into the Goodwill pile for them as well. And, I even went as far as my linen closet, and, cleaned that out too.

Is this a sign I'm ready for some type of change in my life? Do I subconsciously know on some level that someone new might be entering my life? Maybe there is a move in my future? Or is it simply a case of out with the old and in with the new? Or is it the dull answer - I'm bored silly?

Regardless, it has me thinking - why do we hang on to certain items? For example, I have a Minnie Mouse watch that I got when I was 5 or 6 years old. There isn't anything particularly great about the watch. It hasn't worked in years. And, I doubt it will ever be a collector's piece - it's pretty cheesy, and, there really isn't any sentimental value associated with it. I keep thinking I should just get rid of it but, yet I can't... The question is why?

Well, enough of that - on to my shoes, and, my day of closet cleansing will be complete!

No comments: