Friday, June 12, 2009

Does Anyone Ever Read Twitter Other Than Their Own Entries

When I started this blog, I also opened an account on Twitter. I find Twitter a rather odd sensation, and, I often wonder does anyone every REALLY read Twitter entries (other than their own.) Personally, I do read other Twits (or is it Tweets) - now I sound like Elmer Fudd! Admittedly, very few grab my interest enough to click the link to read more about whatever the person Tweeting has been doing.

In spite of the fact that I had many computer courses in BASIC (back in the day where you actually learned how to program), some of the sites out there in today's over-simplified computer world just can't seem to keep my attention. Sites like Facebook and MySpace are fun, but, Twitter? I don't know, it's ok, but, I honestly don't need updates every five minutes on the sites I follow.

I mean, do any of you care if I'm going to see Pelham 123 tonight? Or if I am going shopping at Macy's tomorrow? Likewise, should I care that your brother's friend's cousin's baby burped today? Sometimes the Tweets are just too much.

Then again, because of Twitter and other social sites, people are actually reading this blog, and, apparently liking it. So the person who wishes to remain anonymous, I thank you for your willingness to start a fan club for this blog. And, yes, I will link the fan club to this blog as long as there is nothing hateful, spiteful or in anyway hurts anyone. As to whether or not I would go on a date with you? Well, we shall see - I'm not saying no and I'm not saying yes. I'm just saying we shall see, in the meantime, yes, you can email me again.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: