Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our last day in London, feeling much better

Finally! I'm feeling much, much better, and, my dear sweet love is also much better today. So, we did some sightseeing today including the London Eye. We booked a Pimm's Flight and it was wonderful!

We also took a river cruise on the Thames. Now that was nice! It was relaxing, romantic and informative. I never knew these "touristy" things were so much fun. I have always avoided tours such as these thinking they were silly and most of the times simple rip-offs. I am very glad to tell you this was not the case with these two attractions. The river cruise gives you a different perspective of the city, and, offers some great photo opportunities.

Tomorrow we head for Paris via the Chunnel and the Eurostar. We splurged a bit and booked Leisure Select class, but, it is only a 2 hour and 15 minute journey from London to Paris, and, I am sure for such a fast trip we would be just as happy in Standard class. Regardless, my love is determined to spoil me and he is doing a fine job.

I'm not sure how much time I will have to blog tomorrow but, I will try to write something. As for the remainder of today, we are taking a break for now, and, then heading out for a bit more sightseeing, having dinner at The French Table which has come highly recommended from nearly everyone we've spoken to about recommended restaurants. And thanks to an outstanding concierge at The Goring Hotel we were able to exchange our La Cage tickets for this evening.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: