Monday, June 8, 2009

SWF42 - Life Observations - The Search for Intelligence

Lately, and perhaps it's because I'm growing older, I feel like the entire world around me is dumbing-down. I am (more often than not) finding myself becoming extremely irritated by people who don't seem to have the common sense to come out of the rain.

What leaves me wondering is - is it me? Or does anyone else out there feel the same way? Let's look at television programing. I cannot believe what trashy shows are on the air, and, people not just watch them but, LOVE them! WHY?

Am I the only person that believes watching someone (who obliviously isn't fit) running through an obstacle course, and, completely humiliating themselves is NOT entertainment? Or how about watching housewives without an ounce of class ripping each other to shreds under the pretense they married well, and, each housewife thinking she is better than the next one. Do the idiots who do watch it actually believe that's how all fairly well-to-do people live and act?

Every day, real life situations are no better. Why is it lately when I go into a food store and, go to the self-check out lane there is always someone who doesn't understand how it works. How difficult is it to scan a product over a laser light? And if that doesn't work to manually enter the number found by the bar code. This isn't rocket science!

How about something as simple as going to a shopping mall. Have you ever noticed people walk like they drive? Meaning instead of simply walking around you and passing you, they get in back of you and try to push you (rather rudely) along?

Is there intelligent life out there? ANYWHERE? If yes, let me know at SWF42email@gmail.com

No comments: