Monday, June 22, 2009

On the mend, today we did some sightseeing

Foregoing our evening out last night, my love and I stayed in, made love and rested. This morning we both woke feeling better than our past few nights. My fever broke, and, while my love is still running a temperature, color has returned to his face, and, his temperature is down, not yet below 99 but, at least on the way down. So, cough drops, nasal spray and tissues in hand, we went out and took the double decker tour bus. While it's was a very pleasant temperature while walking about London today, riding on the open part of the bus proved to be too cold, especially for a couple still fighting relatively bad colds, and, we opted to sit on the lower deck that is enclosed.

I should tell you this is not my first time to London, but, this is the first time I ever ventured to take one of these truly touristy tours, and, much to my surprise. It was great! We began our tour at the Victoria Station/Grovenors Garden location. On the tour we passed Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and other landmarks throughout the city. The great advantage of this tour was we could hop on or hop off as many times as we liked, and, opted to get off and explore the London Aquarium. It was a lot of fun, and, strangely enough a bit romantic as we kisses in front of the shark tank. For that reason alone, I will always cherish with great love and affection the plush toy shark my love bought for me as a momento of our time in London together. Feeling a bit hungry, but, didn't want anything heavy, we found a Japanese restaurant called Ozu located very close to the aquarium. It was good, but, it was the tea that really hit the spot.

By this time, we were both really feeling tired again, and, hopped on the tube and proceeded back to the hotel. We napped in each others arms for a short while, and, now heading out again for the evening. I will post again tomorrow and, Wednesday we head for Paris! Ooolala!!

No comments: