Thursday, June 18, 2009

SWF 42 - Traveling, Overpacking and my Christian Louboutins - once again I feel like Carrie Bradshaw

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I'm worse today, and, feel like death warmed over. If it means the cold is at it's peak, then it's a good thing. If it means I could still feel this way tomorrow, I'm in trouble since I am flying tomorrow night. Fever is up, bad chills, stuffy head, running nose, the works. You know the feeling. I stayed home from work.

So now that you have my health update. I am beginning to get things ready to pack for my trip, and, I'm the type that always over packs for any vacation. One thing I will never travel without is at least one pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. I LOVE his things, and, since they are so very expensive, I only buy one pair per year, usually during a heavy duty clearance sale. I'm having a hard time deciding which pair of CL shoes to pack. I have that wonderfully fun pair of pink petal sandals, AND, I actually have the perfect dress to compliment them. However, I keep wondering if black peep toe pumps wouldn't be more versatile. I suppose I could pack both, but, I always have it in the back of my mind, what happens if my luggage gets lost or misplaced? Will I ever see my shoes again?

I haven't had a chance to wear the pink petal sandals yet and this does seem to be presenting itself as the perfect opportunity. I have to laugh at myself, this seems so very Carrie and Mr Big (referring to Sex and the City in the Eposides where Carrie is wisked away to Paris by Aleksandr Petrovsky only to be chased down by Mr. Big at the end.) Alas, I know my own Mr. Big will not be chasing after me, and, I am ok with that since he will always be part of my life with or without my love interest. However, it doesn't make this trip any less romantic or exciting.

So how is this overpacker going to manage to make a decision? Right now, I don't have a clue but, once I figure it all out, I will let you know!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: