Thursday, June 11, 2009

A NYC Girl's Fall Social Calendar

As crazy as it might sound to you, I'm already making plans for my weekends in the Fall and into early Winter. I guess it's all part of life in New York City. I have invitations to Broadway shows including: 39 Steps, Mamma Mia (yes again), and Rock of Ages. Later in the Fall, a friend is taking me to see Billy Elliott for my birthday in November, and, I am treating my parents to Jersey Boys during Thanksgiving weekend.

Then in December, I am treating a friend's daughter to the Christmas Show at Radio City (yes, I will be seeing it twice this year. What can I say, I'm an overgrown kid!) And, we are also going to see Wicked together during my friend's daughter's Christmas break.

Somewhere in between, I will be squeezing at least one opera, and, a performance of The Nutcracker ballet at Lincoln Center. I haven't even mentioned the parties I've already RSVPed to for the coming Fall. (Not to mention going on dates in between).

So, this weekend, I will be starting my fall shopping spree. Unlike a lot of other woman, I don't tend to hold on to clothing for years and years. The main reason is that I simply don't have the closet space. So, in order to keep things in check, for every item I buy, I donate something to GoodWill. This also keeps me from impulse buying, because, I really have to think about what item I am going to donate, and, do I really want the item in hand that badly that I am willing to give away something already in my wardrobe. It's actually a very good system (at least for me.)

Anyhow ladies (and gentlemen), if any of you plan to go shopping this weekend too. Here are a few coupons that might be of interest: Macy's have 20% off (this coupon is in addition to the on-going sales so you can really do well with it. And, you can use either the shopping pass I am linking or your Macy's card to get the additional 20% off. Here is the link for the Macy's shopping pass (it's in pdf form): http://akimages.crossmediaservices.com/listingimages/Retailers/macys/Coupons/060909_SS.mce.pdf

And Lord and Taylor has a shopping pass for an extra 25% off (nearly everything) as stated on the coupon. Unlike Macy's you need to have the shopping pass to get the additional discount so make sure to print it out, even if you have a Lord and Taylor charge card. Here is the link for the Lord and Taylor shopping pass (it is also in pdf form): http://lt.lordandtaylor.us/ltdocs/coupons/lt_060909_coupon.pdf

Happy shopping!

No comments: